The place is called Voin Rural Locality, 2nd Khomustakhsky Nasleg, Namsky Ulus Municipality. Today, the name of the ancient Yakut settlement sounds fairly unusual. From days of yore, its Russian name has been passed by word of mouth in the local community from one generation to the next. On August 18, 2008 a chapel built in a nearby field was consecrated "In commemoration of the 375th anniversary of the first State Act - the swearing-in of Yakut chieftains." It was at that exact spot that Pyotr Beketov founded the first Cossack ostrog (fortress), back in 1632, with its legendary fortress tower, later moved to Yakutsk.
Into the Sunrise
By Andrei Efremov (Brem)
Translated by Anatoly Filippenko
По всем вопросам, связанным с использованием представленных на ArtOfWar материалов, обращайтесь напрямую к авторам произведений или к редактору сайта по email email@example.com
(с) ArtOfWar, 1998-2018